Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fighting Fires


Phew, that was a close one. 

I sigh relief as the stench of burned ashes blows off with the wind. Another disaster averted, it probably wasn't as bad as I thought...

the flames not as high as I imagined.... 

..surely there was no real danger. The few burns will heal quickly with proper coverings. 

I turn off the water and go get cleaned up, not wanting to investigate the cause. Preferring instead to believe that it was just a freak accident...

happenstance. 

Flare ups are bound to happen, but next time I'll be prepared and see the warning signs...

..catch it before it ignites, fireproof the surrounding dry tinder. 

I know I've got this.... 

I shiver as the hot wind blows through the charred, gutted shell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails