Monday, May 28, 2012

Up, Over and Around


"Hey, you want to do Skyline in the morning?" she whispered just as the meeting started.

I didn't even hesitate, I love that beast of a run. Hesitation did come later as my tired bones struggled to tuck in kids and sweep floors. 5:20 am comes pretty quick, especially on my day off.  I guess I wasn't the only one since her first words out of her car were, "Maybe we should just run the river."

Too late. I was already committed. It's been months since we've ran up, over and around our little mountain, last time she was six months pregnant; this time I felt like I was.

It was hard, and my body is soft, but they both came through in the end. It was a beautiful view from shaking legs.

I stopped at the store on the way home and as I passed by other early morning shoppers I couldn't help but think, "I've been up and down a mountain today, what have you done?"

....and truthfully, I don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails