Friday, November 5, 2010

She stood there in the heat looking at struggling tomatoes, beans and basil intermittently spread through the garden box...and what was that plant that seemed neither weed nor wanted?

With a sigh she leaned into her dad who stood next to her. "Isn't this just my life? A little bit of everything and nothing done well?"

When she told me about it later, she laughed, and I had to chuckle...really, who hasn't felt that way? To laugh about it is a sure way to keep from crying, and to share it with a friend who knows brings the fear into the light of day; dissipating shadows of self doubt.



And yet I was amazed. I knew her well and she was solid. Nothing wavering. I wanted to be her when I grew up. And here she was, unsure of her offerings, and I admired her all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails