Thursday, July 8, 2010

Laugh, Love, Smile

Today I ran where she ran, but I didn’t run her race. I remember what she had told me about that last struggle up the hill to the finish line and how determined she was to beat it. The hill wasn’t so foreboding for me at my easy pace, but it had been a beast for her and she had attacked it…run it down like so many other demons she had to face.

We ran to honor and remember her determination, and as I ran I couldn’t help but think of all the little things that made my sister who she was. I have heard from her mouth and read from her pen about many other hills she ran, and so many of the small things that happened between the repetitive meeting of foot and road, and I wonder if I could remember well enough to write them down…stories worth telling for sure. 

IMG_6311

1 comment:

  1. let's do it! so fun & so many! great analogy - love everything between picking them up and putting them down, sometimes bite it, sometimes move backward, but love it all.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails