Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Countless Ways

I love the excitement of beginning...although finishing has never been a strong point of mine, I believe all these little beginnings bring us closer to the ultimate goal.

So with that realization in mind we begin again, this time with memorization of words that can bring us strength. We started simple and found success quicker than I expected
..."And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angles round about you to bear you up".
My oldest, with her gift of language had it perfected that evening. My son, always taking things apart to figure them out kept putting it back together differently..still using all the parts. My sunshine, with her flare for the dramatic, preformed on her stage(fireplace hearth) with dance-like movements.

We are rewarded for finishing with the prize of increased desire. So, keeping it small, we begin again...
"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel."
Still, the plan is to finish....the goal is to, in countless small ways, come closer to Him whose Word it is.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've woven in the personalities of your children with this desire to commit God's Word to memory...and to heart...in order to strengthen.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails