Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rest

I look back on the week and feel the relief that comes with survival. In full perspective in wasn't so bad...nothing a million other mothers haven't experienced...but still, there I sat today with many others singing praises, thinking of all the important things left undone...missed. His Word quickly read over my own, hoping it would settle somewhere in their little hearts. Prayers sporadic, interrupted, and often forgotten. I was feeling a little out of breath as I glanced down at the hymnal my daughter was holding for me...and there it was.

"....On our Savior's love we rest."

Yes, that was it...when sleep was at best intermittent, His love is there to revive and give strength.

"....Let thy Spirit linger near. Pardon faults, O Lord, we pray; Bless our efforts day by day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails