Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Room Enough

..bucket after bucket hefted up the steep stairs, ducking to spare my head...up through the narrow opening and out into the dark night..dumping what should be held precious....

Water. Without it my home turns brown and useless, so we pray for rain and wait anxiously for our turn at the reservoir. And then it comes. It's an exciting day, the little ones in boots or even bare feet slogging through the field as I open and shut and readjust the gates trying to direct this much needed blessing. All to soon the excitement turns to panic as the water runs through our unprepared field and into our yard. More opening and closing and readjusting....but all no good..it's too much, too fast, and once again, I'm not ready. But the blessing continues to come...more than our share, more than we had asked for...

Hours after the water moves on to our neighbors, it continues to seep it's way into our basement. I can't help but think of a scripture ...

"Prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it." ~ Malahi 3:10

So with aching muscles I continue to bail. Being alone with my thoughts and up to my ankles in blessings I wonder again about my faith...is trust in my Savior just my vocal expression, or do I really know Him so well that I daily prepare my field to receive all He has promised? What opportunities have I missed, what blessings run away wasted into the night because I didn't believe and prepare enough to make room for them in my home?

Today I bought a pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails