Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Difference

It was cold, and I was tired. With beauty all around me, I ran hunched and tight; chopping steps from the road.


My mind tripping over disappointed possibilities. I had been privileged to be a part of an amazing discussion, to witness with my heart eyes the divinity of sisters. Hopeful encouragement mixed with testimony and love....stopped short by a short sighted comment. Feelings were hurt; my heart hurt, then I remembered these words, as the Lord spoke to Moses: "I have a work for thee, Moses, my son...." and then, "Satan came tempting him, saying: Moses, son of man, worship me."

Satan seeks first to demote, discourage our possibilities, blind our eyes to the divinity in each of us...and those who surround us; then his work is easy.

I pray for confidence in the first; a life lived worthy of the first; words spoken with the love of the first; a soul strong enough to say, "Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God..."


My frame straightened and I ran; open and soaking up the confidence of divine beauty.

110/1000

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your running! :) I am guessing 110/1000 has to do with miles run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails