Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lengthened out all the day long

He kicks his feet up, smashing the hymnals in the wooden pew in front of us. I pull his legs back only to have him slam his head back into my chest. He twists and I relent, his little body flopping to the floor. Less than a breath later he’s climbing back up on my lap, pulling at my shirt and wrinkling my Sunday best. He snuggles in and I rock back and forth and he breathes…and then it starts all over again.

for such is the kingdom jared barnes

“...I have thought of the Lord’s invitation to come unto Him and to spiritually be wrapped in His arms. He said, “Behold, [my arms] of mercy [are] extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.”

The scriptures speak of His arms being open, extended, stretched out, and encircling. They are described as mighty and holy, arms of mercy, arms of safety, arms of love, “lengthened out all the day long.” ” ~Neil L. Anderson 

Even when I squirm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again! I just wanted you to know that I narrowed my focus a bit on my blog and it is now
    twelvefitfeet.blogspot.com

    Any more thoughts if you'll try for 1000 miles this year?

    My boys are very impulsive (so different than my girls). One minute they will be hitting me the next minute they will give me a big hug and tell me they love me. I enjoyed you Sunday post.

    Stop by . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! And I squirm a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails