Sunday, August 9, 2009

Warming up for School

"Mom, Rose said the 'T' word!"
I thought quickly in my mind...scanning vulgarity for something that started with a T, couldn't come up with any my kids would know, so I had to ask.
"Hup, what 'T' word?"
Inflection screaming across his face, he whispered, "Damn".
"Hup.....does that start with a T?"
His expression turns thoughtful as he sounds out the four lettered word. "Oh....I mean D," chuckling he went out the door.

Sunshine had heard it all and asked, "Mom, is there an 'A' word?"
"Yes," I replied slowly.
She brightened up, "Is it stupid?"
I laughed and shook my head.
"What about Hideous?"
We both giggled as I pulled out her letter notebook, and I wonder if there is a home school curriculum for this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails