Friday, January 30, 2009

..and then there was Light

I have never enjoyed that part of the drive, coming up over the desolate hill only to view the prison. It is modern and well kept, but the stark walls and towers laced together with rolls and rolls of barbed wire always make me shiver.

This morning as I crested the hill, I sucked in my breath with awe. The prison was drenched in deep sunrise hues. The early rays catching the lengths of wire and increasing their brightness as they scattered their light on the gray walls. Instantly I fell in to an incredulous conversation with God.

"Really?" I said, and without waiting for an answer, I continued, "Beauty, here?"

I slowed and looked again, this time listening as He whispered, "Imagine what I can do with you."

Hearken and listen to the voice of him who is from all eternity to all eternity, the Great I Am, even Jesus Christ—
The light and the life of the world; a light which shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not; ~D&C 39:1-2

1 comment:

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails