Saturday, May 28, 2011

Big start with a little fizzle

It's been a long time since I've been here. I stop by briefly now and then, but just long enough to remember the good ol' days and wonder if there is more to be said, and if so how to put it into words. I wonder if it's ok to just write about the beginning and middle...or maybe just the beginning...because I haven't figured out the end, and don't know if I ever will.

So here I am. Where thoughts and ideas are safe to start, and meander, and maybe fizzle out...or maybe come together.

I'm really good at such non committal type goals, and apparently there is an award for such things....



But nothing is free. This award comes with a few rules.

1. Thank the person who gave it to you, and link back to them.

Now really, does that need to be a rule? I've been able to say say thank you without a nudge from my mom for years now. But still....Thank you Mary. I did really need a little push back into the blogosphere. It was Mary that gave me some of my first realistic ideals of motherhood, and I still love and need her advice and insight on this thing called parenting. She is often here, and sometimes here.....and always so worth the time spent in either place.

2. Tell seven things about yourself.

1. My son just came and crawled up on my lap and begged me to go sleep in with him, and although I've been up for almost three hours and run 6 miles I think I will celebrate my new non committal goal and join him2. I like applesauce on my pancakes.
3. I can't remember Calculus. I have to take a math test to renew my teaching licence, everything has come back except Calculus. I remember how to do it, just not why.
4. Adults make me nervous, I'd rather play with kids. Sometimes I wonder what will happen when my kids grow into adults. :-)
5. My idea of a perfect date would be to work in my garden with my husband. He loves me, but doesn't really share these sentiments.
6. I don't want to run another marathon.
7. I don't ever want to stop running. 

3. Pay it forward and award the Versatile Blogger to 15 recently discovered new bloggers.

Since I haven't been blogging recently, this may be tough....lets see how far we can get.

OK, that didn't go very far....but here are some of my favorites, which aren't recently discovered or very new, but that's all I got.

Anna White Officially I believe this is a web page now, but I know her from her blogging days. She can build anything and still keeps it simple enough for the average Jane.

Chocolate on My Cranium  She blogs about lots of things, always in such a positive light.

Lynn's Kitchen Adventures: Chocolate chip cookies and pudding...and if your really daring, homemade vanilla.

Run Like a Mother  Lots of mothers who like to run.

And a few others that apparently aren't around anymore...like I said, it's been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails