Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's All About the Baby...and maybe a little Chocolate

I love Christmas. I love the lights and tinsel. I love the color red.....and green....and even gold (but only at Christmas time). I love presents, given and received. I love how happy everyone is at church or even strangers on the street; wearing their inner beauty on their sleeves for all to see. I love living in a small town that isn't afraid to tell the Christmas story during library story time or to sing about Christ in the Kindergarten program. I love Poinsettias and minty hot chocolate. I love it all, but none of these things bring it home like music.

Not just any music. I've been disappointed more than once by carols sung by a half-hearted soul. There is something about expressing yourself through music that doesn't let you lie. Voice or instrumental; both reveal the soul.

I'm picky about my Christmas music, it's personal, so no generic version will do. My favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night"; it's personal. I just listened to a new-to-my-ears version and my heart felt Christmas. It's from a CD titled "It's All About the Baby" and sells for only $10.99. But if your looking for a better deal than that, there is a free give away at Chocolateonmycranium, and really, what's Christmas without a little chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails