Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Again, I found myself looking appreciatively into understanding eyes, as I humbly offered my gratitude.

What is it with this week? The reoccurring reminder that I can't do this on my own, that despite my amazing ball-juggling capabilities, the spotlight continues to capture the one that got away.

The lady sitting behind me at church who comforted Sunshine when I had to rush out with Laser Boy. The two women who stopped in the middle of their walk to tend my youngest while I climbed the cliff to help a tearful, shaking Hup back to safety. Now, the couple who stopped in truck to comfort a little one with bloody knees. They deserve the spotlight.

I wouldn't have been completely helpless without their unsolicited kindness, but they definitely made a difference in my day. Nothing life changing....not really, but thinking back now it seems as if their eyes, in that moment of gratitude, were all the same. Instead of leaving me feeling inadequate, I felt comforted and cared for....another change I'm thankful for. A little different perspective on the familiar scripture...

"....that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." ~Mosiah 2:17

....that when you are being served by your fellow beings, be wise and acknowledge it as a blessing from God.

1 comment:

  1. I too have been humbled by the help of strangers. It really is a glimpse into God's love for us. And if people are this nice in Colorado, you should see how friendly we are down here in TX! If a driver sees a runner/walker on the road they wave to each other. Doesn't matter if they're strangers- we just wave! Maybe your husband is on to something for wanting to move here. On second thought, maybe we wave so the concealed handgun doesn't get pointed in our direction.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your expressions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails